Food Vendor Application Information
Please join us for the Florida Jazz & Blues Festival, a 3-day festival at Cascades Park in Tallahassee, Florida! The Florida Jazz & Blues Festival will bring 20 International, National, Regional & Local acts to the Capital City Amphitheater, September 23-25, 2016.
Friday, Sept. 23, 6:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. | Saturday, Sept. 24, 12:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. | Sunday, Sept. 25, 12:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Cancellations after approval and before September 15, 2016, will incur a $50 processing fee and will be fully refunded minus this fee, within 30 days of cancellation. Cancellations after September 15, 2016 will not be refunded.
- Florida Jazz & Blues Festival is an outdoor event. Food & Vendor Booths will be outdoors. Food vendors will reside on Suwannee Street directly in front of the Amphitheater.
- Vendor Setup will begin at 2:30 p.m. on Friday September 23rd, to be prepared to sell at 5 p.m. Vendor Setup will begin at 9:00 a.m. Saturday, September 24th and Sunday, September 25th to sell at 12:00 p.m. Food vendors may not remain in place overnight. Trailers may be parked in the DOT Parking lot. This lot is unsecured.
- All Vendors are responsible for collecting and paying Florida Sales Tax. The Festival is required to provide a contact list of participating vendors to the Florida Department of Revenue.
- Fees Payment must be paid in full and included with this application. Payments can be made by credit card only, at www.fljazzandblues.com. Payment will be refunded in full if applicant is not approved.
- Vendor fees will not be refunded if the festival must be cancelled due to weather, acts of God, or any other circumstances deemed necessary by Florida Jazz & Blues Festival or city officials.
- All items for sale must be listed on this application. Please submit photographs of your food truck/booth. Items will be checked prior to Festival opening. Selling non-approved items will result in immediate booth closure and forfeiture of booth. Exhibitors may not sell outside of designated booth area.
- Vendors must offer all patrons sales receipts with vendor name and contact information clearly stamped or printed on sales receipt.
- Electricity is not available for this event.
- Vendors must make their own arrangements for removing large trash items.
- Tents/Canopies must have weights, stakes not permitted
Contact: Heather Johnson, Event Operations.
Heather@FLJazzAndBlues.com 850-322-2492 www.FLJazzAndBlues.com
A festival of this magnitude has never happened in Cascades Park! The festival has FREE and TICKETED events. As such, the schedule below accommodates the need to transition from FREE to PAID events during the festival. Friday, September 23rd is a TICKETED EVENT ONLY. The Park opens at 5:00 p.m. for the 6:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. show. Saturday, September 24th and Sunday, September 25th, from 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. the Festival is FREE to the community. At 3:30 the park will be closed to prepare for the ticketed event. At or possibly just before 4:30 the park will reopen for the ticketed event, music starts at 5:00 p.m. Cascades staff has to clear the park to make this happen, to transition from FREE to PAID event. During this time, we, as event organizers would like for our Vendor and Food areas to remain open, and are working with Cascades to accomplish this. We will keep you posted as to whether the vendor area will be closed or remain open from 3:30-4:30.
FOOD VENDOR FEES & HOURS
Friday, September 23, 5:00 p.m. – 11 p.m. – $200
Saturday, September 24, 12:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. – $250
Sunday September 25, 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. – $250
ALL THREE DAYS: $500
Vendor Setup will begin at 2:30 p.m. on Friday September 23rd, to be prepared to sell at 5 p.m.
Vendor Setup will begin at 9:00 a.m. Saturday, September 24th and Sunday, September 25th to sell at 12:00 p.m.
- You are required to provide a copy of your current General Liability Insurance Certificate naming Florida Jazz & Blues Festival, Inc, City of Tallahassee and Community Redevelopment Agency as additional insured. Insurance must cover the event from setup to tear down.
- City of Tallahassee Business Tax Certificate is required to participate in Florida Jazz & Blues Festival. A certificate can be obtained by calling The City of Tallahassee at 850-891-6488 or https://talgov.com/treasurer/treasurer-bustaxcert.aspx
- A Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Temporary Food Vendor Permit is required for all food vendors. Department of Business and Professional Regulation 850-http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/hr/licensing/GT_tempevents.html
Please email these certificates to Heather@FLJazzAndBlues.com in advance. You may clearly photograph the permit and email the photo of the permit.
- Submit your application via our online form at www.FLJazzAndBlues.com
- Include photos of your booth/truck.
- E-Sign the Hold Harmless Agreement
- Pay fees via Paypal link on www.FLJazzAndBlues.com website. You do not have to have a PayPal account to pay fees. You may bypass creating an account and pay directly with a credit card on the lower part of the form.
- You will be contacted if your application is approved. Applying does not guarantee approval in the festival.
- Once you are approved for the festival, email your General Liability Insurance Certificate, City of Tallahassee Business/Occupational License and State of Florida Temporary Food Vendor Permit
- Submission of the materials above and Approval from the Event Team will secure your space at the event.
Thank you for being a part of the inaugural Florida Jazz & Blues Festival!